1.Why is Japan the preferred choice for teaching English in Asia?
Why do so many teachers come to Japan to first teach, OR, after teaching in South Korea, China, or elsewhere? Is it because of its historical roots with its iconic images of the samurai, geisha, tea ceremony, Zen, and ninjas? Or, are you more attracted to its modern cultural imports of anime, cosplay, and J-pop? In addition, some of the more practical reasons why so many people wish to teach and live in Japan are:
- It is a developed nation providing modern standards of living.
- It has a public transportation system that is the envy of the world.
- It also provides national health care which covers 70% of medical and dental.
- It is one of the safest countries in the world with a law-abiding, non-discriminatory & friendly populace.
2.Why Teach for IB Japan?
Why is IB Japan the school of choice for so many teachers coming to Japan?
- Our Head Officd has experienced North American directors and trainers who have many years of teaching and administrative experience.
- We have over 70 schools and employ over 90 native-speaking teachers, this experience speaks for itself.
- Class size is limited to 8, lessons are under an hour, & total teaching hours are 25 contact hours per week.
- IB Japan has been successfully providing English educational instruction for over 30 years.
- We have a special relationship with Narita Airport providing lessons & conducting PR events for the airport
- The average stay of an IB Japan tteacher is two years with many having stayed with us for 5-10 years.
3.IB Japan Benefits include:
- One year contract with full visa sponsorship.
- 250,000 yen starting salary with all work related transportation fees reimbursed.
- 5 Weeks of paid vacation: 2 weeks in summer, 2 weeks in winter, 1 week in spring.
- Single dwelling apartment, minimally furnished, and a maximum rent of 55,000 yen.
4.IB Japan Benefits include:
Please provide the following information:
2) a cover letter,
3) a professional picture,
4) a relaxed picture (tasteful) of yourself preferably standing either inside or outside and can include friends.
- A University Degree is required for a Visa or Working Holiday Visa.
- Must be a Native English Speaker.
- ESL / EFL teaching experience (Teaching experience with children highly preferred)
- CELTA / TESL / TEFL Certificates favorable.
IB Japan has been in business for over 30 years and is a proud member of 'Japan Association for the Promotion of Foreign Language Education' (JAPFLE) sponsored by Japan's Ministry of Education.